The Street Doctors - Dr Jonty, Dr George, Dr Ayan and Dr Barbara - have stepped out of their surgeries and onto the streets to treat and cure the Great British public.
Dr Barbara has come to St Pancras Station where it's not only the passengers who are keen to see the street doctors. 26 year old train engineer, Scott, has a concern about high cholesterol.
To reduce your risk of high cholesterol Dr Barbara recommends: stop smoking and increase your exercise; cut down on fatty foods like cheese, full fat milk and fry ups; eat 2 to 3 portions of oily fish like mackerel every week.
In London's financial Square Mile Dr Ayan checks out his next patient. Stephen is a keen cross country runner with a hip problem.
If you are suffering with joint sprain, Dr Ayan advises - remember the RICE method; rest, ice, compression and elevation, for the first 24 hours. If it is safe to do so, take an anti inflammatory such as Ibuprofen. After the first 24 hours, try some gentle stretches. If the sprain has not completely cleared up after 6 weeks see your doctor.
On the streets of London town Fran has stopped Dr George to ask for some much needed advice on menopausal sweats.
To reduce menopausal sweats Dr George suggests - drink less caffeine and alcohol; cut down on sugary foods like cakes and chocolate; wear natural fabrics like cotton; increase your intake of vitamin B6; eat more soya products, like tofu.
- BUPA Health Information - Cholesterol
- A straightforward guide explaining what cholesterol is, plus the causes and treatment of high cholesterol.
- NHS Direct - the menopause
- Advice and facts on the physical and emotional aspects of the menopause
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites
from Dr Jonty
- Drink alcohol in moderation and have at least two drink free days a week.
- Spend half an hour a day doing something that makes you feel relaxed. Try meditation.
- Stop smoking and use the money you save to treat yourself to a massage.
- Get at least 7 - 8 hours sleep a night.