Our four GPs hit the streets of Nottingham for an open air surgery where they offered their skills and expertise to anyone they met.
Among the many people they encountered, market trader Nabeela presented an increasingly common problem, panic attacks.
If you suffer from panic attacks Dr Jonty suggests you sit quietly and concentrate on your breathing, try to occupy your mind so that you don't focus on the dizziness, and remember that the symptoms are not life threatening - they do pass.
At the city's Victoria Shopping Centre Dr Ayan met a man with a prostate gland problem. Dr Ayan says that problems with the prostate gland are common in men over the age of 40. These problems may show themselves in changes in the way you pass water - whether it be by going more regularly or getting up more frequently in the night.
If you think you may have a problem, avoid drinking large volumes at any one time, particularly before going to bed, and limit your intake of alcohol or caffeine. If things get worse visit your doctor who'll be able to advise appropriate tests and possible drug treatments.
Outside the city's Theatre Royal Dr Jonty met 57 year old Blues Brother Jake, a street entertainer who may be able to do handstands but weights in at an unhealthy 19 stone. Dr Jonty calculated that Jake is eight stone overweight, and is clinically obese.
If you have a great deal of weight to lose the Street Doctors recommend cutting out all fried and processed foods, increasing your daily intake of fresh fruit and vegetables and doing 30 minutes of carardiovascular exercise such as swimming or cycling everyday.
As a result of his consultation with Dr Jonty, Jake has started attending a gym.
- The National Phobics Society
- A society working to relieve and support those living with anxiety disorders by providing information, support and understanding via an extensive range of services.
- International Obesity Task Force
- The World Health Organisation provides information on the obesity epidemic, and how to handle it.
- National Obesity Forum
- Details of the work of the National Obesity Forum and information for becoming a member
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites
from Dr Ayan
- Eat five portions of fruit and veg a day.
- Drink plenty of water, eight glasses a day for an adult.
- Exercise is crucial. Twenty minutes minimum, three or four times a week.
- Avoid stress by managing your time better. If you leave everything to the last minute then it creates stressful situations.