Meet the Doctors
Dr Ayan is a 34 year old GP working in a busy inner city practice with over 4000 patients. His work puts him in contact with people of all races and creeds, and his particular concern is men's health.
Dr Barbara works in a four doctor practice in Stockport and finds on her patch mental health issues and loneliness are a worry, especially amongst the elderly.
Scotsman Dr George has been working as a GP in the north east for the last 20 years. He sees a lot of heart disease, a preventable killer.
Dr Jonty is a 35 year old GP working in a busy practice in south London. His transient patient base are most affected by the stresses of modern living.
- NHS Direct
- All the health information you need in one website.
The BBC is not responsible for the content of external sites
from Dr Ayan
- Eat five portions of fruit and veg a day.
- Drink plenty of water, eight glasses a day for an adult.
- Exercise is crucial. Twenty minutes minimum, three or four times a week.
- Avoid stress by managing your time better. If you leave everything to the last minute then it creates stressful situations.