Meet Dr Jonty
35 year old Dr Jonty works in an inner city practice in south London. Here he talks about his work, his practice and the sorts of problems and issues he sees regularly in his surgery.
Q1. Tell us a bit about yourself and how you came into medicine.
Q2. Tell us a little more about your south London practice.
Q3. How do you as a doctor treat patients from so many diverse cultural backgrounds?
Q4. What particular illnesses do you find cropping up in your surgery?
Q5. What would be your top tips for a healthier, fuller, life?
- Cardiovascular disease
- BBC Health - There's a strong link between high blood cholesterol levels and the risk of heart disease.
- BBC Health - Meditation
- A step by step guide to meditation.
- Diabetes guide
- BBC Health article explaining diabetes, its causes, symptoms, treatments, prevention and support organisations.
from Dr Jonty
- Drink alcohol in moderation and have at least two drink free days a week.
- Spend half an hour a day doing something that makes you feel relaxed. Try meditation.
- Stop smoking and use the money you save to treat yourself to a massage.
- Get at least 7- 8 hours sleep a night.