Meet Dr George
Scotsman Dr George has worked for over 20 years in the north east. Here he talks about his work, his practice and the sorts of problems and issues he faces regularly in his surgery.
Q1. Tell us a bit about yourself and how you came into medicine.
Q2. Tell us something about your practice.
Q3. To what extent do lifestyle issues affect health?
Q4. What improvements have you noticed during your time in general practice?
Q5. What would be your top tips for a healthier lifestyle?
- BBC Health - heart disease
- Find out about coronary heart disease, its causes and treatments, and how to reduce your risk.
- BBC Health - cancer
- Information on forms of cancer, treatments available and support organisations.
- BBC Health - diabetes
- Article explaining diabetes, its causes, symptoms, treatments, prevention and support organisations.
from Dr George
- Don't smoke.
- Take up an exercise you'll enjoy - swimming, jogging, running.
- Keep your intake of alcohol down - 14 units per week for women, 22 units for men.
- Get your blood pressure checked every 3-5 years.