Meet Dr Barbara
Dr Barbara works in a practice in Stockport, Greater Manchester. Here she talks about her work, her practice and the sorts of problems and issues she faces every day in her surgery.
Q1. Tell us a bit about yourself and how you came into medicine.
Q2. Tell us a little about your practice.
Q3. What sort of issues regularly come up in your practice?
Q4. Obesity is increasingly an issue for a lot of people. What can we do to tackle it?
Q5. What would be your top tips for a healthier lifestyle?
- What's your BMI?
- Find out whether you have a healthy weight range.
- Tips to give up smoking
- Some useful advice to help you kick the habit.
- Alcohol addiction
- BBC Health article explaining the causes and symptoms of alcohol addiction.
from Dr Barbara
- Take up a hobby, learn a new skill or try taking part in a sporting or group activity.
- Use the stairs not the lift at work.
- Eat fish at least twice a week.
- Walk 20 minutes a day. Try to avoid using the car.
- Reduce fat(approx 70g fat per day in average diet).